1. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the description meta tag?
d. Google uses the meta description to generate the search engine results pages
2. Which search engine technology prevents a website from appearing in numerous top positions in the search engine result pages
3. Which of the following statement about RSS is correct?
a. It is a form of XML
4. Question: Which of the following statements is correct with regard to natural links?
c.They are voluntary in nature
5. 8. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to the images within the webpage?
b. Important keywords related to the image should be placed in the ALT text
6. How are site maps important for the search engine optimization process?
c. Site maps help the search engine spider pick up more pages from the website
7. some words, when following by a colon, have special meaning to Yahoo. What is performed by the link: operator?
c. It shows all the pages that point to that URl
8. Which of the following facts about Alexa are correct?
a. Alexa provides free data on relative website visitor traffic
10. Which of the following factors have an impact on the Google PageRank
a The total number of inbound links to a page of a web site
11. Which of the following conditions will Google treat favorably from the 'Relevancy' perspective?
d. Image Alt tags on the home page matching the search term
12. Search engines do not index some common words (such as "or", "and", "when", and "in") within the webpage. What are these common words called?
d. Stop words
13. What does the 302 server response code signify?
d.The page has temporarily moved
14. What is the illegal act of copying of a page by unauthorized parties in order to filter off traffic to another site called
15. State whether the following statement is true or false.
A Sitemap provides a list of internal links to user accessible pages on a website.
16. What is the name of the search engine technology due to which a query for the word 'actor' will also show search results for related words such as
actress, acting or act?
18. Which of the following statements about search engine optimization techniques are correct
a b d
19. Which of the following statements about the Google Sitemap are correct:
a.Repeated submission of the Sitemap to Google could be penalized
21. What does the term Keyword Prominence refer to?
c.It refers to the fact that the keywords placed in important parts of a webpage are given priority by the search engines
22. What will the following robots.txt file do?
• User-agent: Googlebot
• User-agent: scooter
b. It will disallow Google from crawling any of the dynamically generated pages It will also disallow the AltaVista scooter hot from accessing any page.
23. If your site is not appearing in Google search results because of some unethical SEO practices in the recent past, ____________.
d. it is better to discontinue the website and shift your webpages to a fresh website with a new domain name
24. 10 people do a web search. In response, they see links to a variety of web pages. Three of the 10 people choose one particular link. That link then has a
__________ clickthrough rate.
b. 30 percent
25. Which of the following search engines or directories provides the directory search results for Yahoo?
c. Yahoo Directory
26. What is Keyword Density?
e. The number of times the keyword is used / (divided by) the total word count on the page.
27. What is the function of "indexer" part of the Google search engine?
d.It helps to generate meaningful results based upon the user's search term
28. Google gives priority to themed inbound links.
29. Which of the following statements about Google's technical and quality guidelines is true?
b. If using dynamic pages, it helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few
30. What is the term for Optimization strategies that are in an unknown area of reputability/validity?
c.Grey hat techniques
31. Implementing a 301 permanent Redirects on the old pages to redirect to the new pages is a good idea from the SEO perspective.
True or False?
32. Do search engines such as Google detect unnatural linking patterns by checking the Class C IP address of the page where the link to the website
33. While optimizing your website it is important to generate the right type of traffic, how does the Bounce Rate information help in this regard?
b.By letting you know the percentage of users who entered the website and then left without viewing any other page
34. Which of the following is an ethical SEO Technique?
d.None of the above
35. Are RSS/Atom feeds returned in Google’s search results?
36. Google looks down upon paid links for enhancing page rank. If a website sells links, what action/s does Google recommend to avoid being penalized?
c.Paid links should be disclosed through the “rel=nofollow” attribute in the hyperlink
37. Why is it a bad idea from the seo perspective to host free articles and write ups that are very common on the internet.
b.Because you could get penalized by search engines for using duplicate content
39. What term is commonly used to describe the shuffling of positions in search engine results in between major updates?
Which of the following can be termed as good keyword selection and placement strategies?
d. Optimizing five or more keywords per page